November 3, 2020 Election Results
Presidential General Election
|Election Night Results Release Schedule:|
|8:10 p.m.||Results include Vote by Mail ballots received in the mail, at a Vote Center or in a Drop Box on or before Wednesday, October 28.|
|9:00 p.m.||Each half-hour until all Vote Center ballots have been reported.|
The post-election results releases will be at 4:30 p.m. on the following dates:
|Thursday, November 5||Monday, November 9|
|Wednesday, November 11||Friday, November 13|
|Monday, November 16||Wednesday, November 18|
|Friday, November 20||Monday, November 23|
|Wednesday, November 25||Monday, November 30|
The election is scheduled to be certified on December 3.
Election results may take up to 30 days to finalize. Click here to find out why.
Semi-Official Results – November 23, 2020 Report
Remaining ballots to be processed include:
- Ballots postmarked on Election Day and received by November 20, 2020 *
- Conditional Voter Registration/Provisional ballots *
- Ballots to be adjudicated from the canvass of the vote process *
- Challenged ballots that may be cured by voters through December 1, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
*Most, if not all, of these numbers will be included in Monday’s and Wednesday’s Semi-Official Results Report.
- Most Vote by Mail ballots received in the mail
- Most Vote by Mail ballots returned at Vote Centers and Drop Boxes
- All Vote Center ballots
- Most Conditional Voter Registration ballots
Results Portal – This page offers a variety of ways to view and tailor election results with the following exciting features:
- Click Results tab to view all results – results are available in list, slideshow (auto-scroll), or detail table format.
- On Results tab, click on Detail Table icon to see the breakdown of votes cast at Vote Centers and by mail.
- On Results tab, click Filter Results button to select certain contests to follow. Note: If you close browser, the filter selection is not retained.
- On Results tab, print the results by clicking the Print icon.
- Click Voter Turnout tab to see turnout for each precinct. Zoom in on a precinct and a hover over displays the turnout.
- Click Reports tab to download contest or precinct reports in CSV or PDF. Note: Reports are not available on mobile devices at this time.
- Set auto-refresh in the header for results to refresh when updated.
Statement of the Vote – The Statement of the Vote is published at the time of the certification of the election, within 30 days of Election Day. It is a listing of all election contests with totals, by precinct, by cities, by districts, including write-in votes, if any.
The number of registered voters in San Mateo County is 442,637 as of October 26, 2020. Voter registration numbers may not reflect all voters who can cast a ballot in a precinct due to conditional voter registration. Conditional voter registration allows voters to register and cast a provisional ballot after the close of registration deadline.