A Certificate of Registration will include the following information:
- your full name,
- address where you are registered to vote,
- date of birth,
- party affiliation,
- original registration date,
- most recent elections you participated in
A Certificate of Registration is sometime purchased to provide proof of address to a school district.
You may obtain your Certificate of Registration in-person or by mail from the Registration & Elections Division.
We are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays). The certificate will be prepared while you wait if you come to our office.
- Bring $1.50, cash or check, and
- Bring your driver’s license or other id with photo.
To obtain a Certificate of Registration by mail, please send a copy of your photo id and check for $1.50 (made payable to the County of San Mateo) to:
Registration & Elections Divisions
40 Tower Road
San Mateo, CA 94402