Election Materials Courier Application Form
Election Materials Courier
November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election
To ensure the secure and efficient return of election materials to the Registration & Elections Division after the close of Vote Centers.
|Drivers:||$50.00 and Mileage Reimbursement at a rate of $0.580 per mile*|
|Note:||County employees will receive payment through payroll check|
*Mileage is only reimbursed for travel from Vote Centers to Elections Office.
- It is REQUIRED that each team call the Registration & Elections Division on Election Day between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM to confirm their attendance that night.
- Each team is to report to their first assigned location at 8:00 p.m. or sooner.
- Each team is to offer assistance to the Voter Center Representatives.
- Each team is to pick up election materials from their assigned locations.
- Each team must update the Registration & Elections Division
on the following:
(1) departure from a location.
(2) if any problems arise.
- Once all assigned materials are collected and reported to the Registration & Elections Division, each team is to deliver everything to:
- Duration of assignments are estimated to be 2.5 hours; however, couriers are required to wait for all election materials to be prepared prior to leaving the Vote Center.
- Drivers are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have a good driving record;
- have a vehicle that locks (no open trucks);
- have the ability to carry at least four (4) 18” ballot boxes; and
- be able to work until midnight or later on Election
Day. Each team will pick up at least two sets of election
materials. The actual box dimensions are:
- Four Blue Ballot Boxes (minimum): 18” Wide x 18” High x 10” Deep
- Couriers are expected to have the ability to:
- Lift up to 35 lbs
- Assist busy Vote Centers with voting operations
- Patiently wait for Vote Center Representatives to prepare materials
- Behave in a professional manner
- Provide excellent customer service
Please complete the application form below.
For questions, please contact Tristan Reid at email@example.com or 650.312.5202.