Election Materials Courier Application Form
Courier teams are made up of a Driver and an Attendant.
- Drivers must have a good driving record and a vehicle that can be securely locked.
- Mileage will be paid to Drivers for miles driven on Election Night at the rate of $0.545 per mile.
- Drivers and Attendants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Both positions will be paid $50.00 for Election Night and an additional $15.00 for attending the mandatory training. You must work Election Night in order to be paid for training.
Please complete the application form below.
For questions, please contact Grace Leuck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.312.5399.
|Drivers:||$50.00 and Mileage Reimbursement at a rate of $0.545 per mile|
|Note:||County employees will receive payment through payroll check|
To ensure the secure and efficient return of election materials to the Registration & Elections Division after the close of vote centers.
- It is REQUIRED that each team call the Registration & Elections Division on Election Day between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to confirm their attendance that night. Prior to Election Day, each team will be assigned a phone number.
- Each team is to report to their first assigned location at 8:00 p.m. or sooner.
- Each team is to offer assistance to the Voter Center Representatives.
- Each team is to pick up election materials from their assigned locations.
- Each team must update the Registration & Elections Division on the following:
- Departure from a location
- If any problems arise
- Once all assigned materials are collected and reported to the Registration & Elections Division, each team is to deliver everything to:
- Assignments are estimated to last 2.5 hours.
- Drivers are required to be:
- at least 18 years of age;
- have a good driving record;
- have a vehicle that locks (no open trucks); and
- the ability to carry at least four (4) 18” ballot boxes. Each team will pick up at least two sets of election materials. The actual box dimensions are:
- One White JBC Box: 21” Wide x 16” High x 9” Deep
- Two Blue Ballot Boxes: 18” Wide x 18” High x 10” Deep
- Couriers are expected to have the ability to:
- Follow instructions
- Lift up to 35 lbs
- Communicate effectively
- Behave in a professional manner
- Provide excellent customer service