Redwood City, CA 94063
Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
County Clerk-Recorder Division Services are available to the public by appointment. Walk-in visitors are welcome subject to time and space availability. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
February 16, 2022: In alignment with the State, San Mateo County will lift universal mask requirements for vaccinated people in most indoor public settings.
Detailed information on available services, contact phone numbers and email addresses may be found below:
In-person Appointment Services:
- Copies of Deeds and Maps
- Document Recordings
- Grantor/Grantee Index
- Environmental Impact Reports (one filing per appointment)
- Fictitious Business Name (one filing per appointment)
- Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies
- Online Marriage License and Ceremony (Emergency Only)
- Military Discharge
- Notary Oaths and Fillings
- Paraprofessional Fillings
- Translation Certification Documents
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records Requests
Online Services Include:
Electronic recordings by title companies will continue as usual. Documents can also be mailed to the office at 555 County Center, First Floor, Redwood City, CA 94063.