The County Clerk is authorized to issue marriage licenses and perform civil marriages. The County Clerk is also the official filing location for certain other official documents, such as:

  • Coroner’s Report
    • Certified Copy
    • Search
  • Environmental Impact Reports
  • Fictitious Business Name Statements
  • Military Discharge (DD214)
    • Filing
    • Scanning and Indexing
    • Certified Copy
  • Naturalization Certificate
    • 1800 to 1991

  • Notary
    • Oath & Bond
    • Verification of Notary Signature
    • Return of Notary Journal
  • Para-Professional Registrations
    • Process Server
    • Legal Document Assistant (LDA)
    • Unlawful Detainer Assistant (UDA)
    • Professional Photocopier
  • Statement of Economic Interest
  • Translator Declaration & Verification
  • Vital Records (Birth, Death and Marriage)

The County Clerk is a source of public information and provides customer service to the general public, government agencies and the private sector. Records are made available to the public as allowed by law. Copying and certifications costs may apply. Payment types accepted in the office are cash, check and credit or debit card (Visa & Mastercard only). Payment types via mail are limited to checks at the time. All checks must be payable against a USA bank.


The Recorder preserves the official archive of documents relating to legally recordable transactions of events. The Recorder collects documentary transfer tax and conveyance taxes on property sales. Documents are recorded, indexed, digitally archived and made available to the public. The Recorder Division is responsible for the recording of various documents, such as:

  • Deeds
  • Mortgages
  • Court Decrees
  • Liens & Releases
  • Other documents that affect title to real property

By recording a document, the document becomes part of the public records of the County Recorder. The Recorder’s Division will assist the public with accessing this information. Copying and certification costs may apply.

Note: Please note that the Recorder’s Division is unable to give legal advice, such as, what type of document you need or how to complete a document. We recommend that you seek advice from an attorney or real estate professional before you record documents that affect title to property.