Menlo Park City Elementary School District Special Election: Deadline to Request Vote by Mail Ballots through the Mail is February 28, 2017
Deadline ensures enough time for postal delivery
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) February 28, 2017 is the final day that registered voters may request a Vote by Mail ballot to be delivered by mail for the March 7, 2017 Menlo Park City Elementary School District Special Election. The deadline ensures that there is enough time for postal delivery.
“Voting by mail provides voters with a convenient alternative to voting at a busy polling place on Election Day,” said Mark Church, San Mateo County’s Chief Elections Officer and Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder.
To Request a Vote by Mail Ballot on or before February 28, 2017 for Mail Delivery
Registered voters may still request a Vote by Mail ballot on February 28 by using any one of four request options:
- Complete the application form on the back cover of your Sample Ballot & Official Voter Information Pamphlet and fax it to 650.312.5348, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare a written request, with your signature, stating your full name, residence address, mailing address (if different from your residence address), date of birth, and the name and date of the election for which the Vote by Mail ballot is requested (March 7, 2017 Menlo Park City Elementary School District Special Election.) Fax or email the request to the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402. Fax to 650.312.5348 or email email@example.com.
- Submit your request online through the request form tool that can be accessed via the “Check my Registration/Access My Election Materials/View My Sample Ballot Pamphlet” link at www.shapethefuture.org.
- Request a one-time Vote by Mail ballot over the phone by calling the Registration & Elections Division at 650.312.5222.
To Request a Vote by Mail Ballot After February 28, 2017
All requests for a Vote by Mail ballot after February 28, 2017 must be made in person at the County’s 40 Tower Road Voting Center.
Voting Center Hours of Operation
- Weekdays (February 6 – March 6, 2017): 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, March 4, 2017: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017 (Election Day): 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Returning Your Voted Ballot
You may mail in your voted ballot to the Registration & Elections Division or you may deliver it in person to the Voting Center or to the drop-boxes located at the City Hall in Menlo Park and the Town Hall in Atherton during business hours.
24-Hour Drive-Up Drop Box
The Registration & Elections Division also has a drive-up 24-hour drop-box in its parking lot for your convenience. The drop box, polling places and Voting Center will close at 8 p.m. on Election Day.
Voted Mail Ballot Deadline
To be counted, voted mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and physically received no later than Friday, March 10, 2017.
The press release is displayed in its original format. San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections website now resides at www.smcacre.org