Vote Center Volunteer
Do you have what it takes to serve on democracy’s front line? Then sign-up to be a Vote Center Volunteer! We need energetic and dedicated people to serve from October 31 to Election Day, November 3.
- Vote Center Volunteers are assigned to one of the Vote Centers located throughout San Mateo County.
- You may sign up to volunteer just one day, or all four days.
- Vote Center Volunteers will greet voters, distribute election materials and voter check in forms, issue ballots, disinfect equipment and supplies, direct voters and conduct line management.
- On Saturday October 31 through Monday November 2, Vote Center Volunteers arrive at the Vote Centers at 8:30 a.m. to set up, and leave at 5:30 p.m. During the day you will receive one (1) one-hour lunch break.
- On Election Day, November 3, Vote Center Volunteers arrive at the Vote Centers at 6:30 a.m. to setup, and the day generally lasts until 9:00 p.m. or until needed. During the day you will receive two (2) one-hour lunch breaks.
- Vote Center Volunteers will be provided Personal Protective Equipment, including gloves, hand sanitizer, face shields and face masks.
Vote Center Volunteer is a stipend position.
- If you serve as a Vote Center Volunteer on Election Day, you will be given a stipend of $195.
- If you work any days between Saturday, October 31 and Monday November 2, 2020, you will be given a stipend of $150 per day worked.
- You will attend one training class. If you attend this class and serve for one day at the Vote Center, you will be paid an additional $85.
You are expected to volunteer the full day. Partial shifts are not accepted.
For high school students, we have a separate student volunteer program you may sign up for: www.smcacre.org/student-democracy-program.
For any questions, please email VoteCenters@smcacre.org.