September 14, 2021 Election Results
California Gubernatorial Recall Election
|Election Night Results Release Schedule:|
|8:10 p.m.||Results include Vote by Mail ballots received in the mail, at a Vote Center or in a Drop Box on or before Saturday, September 11.|
|9:00 p.m.||Results from Vote Center ballots will be reported every half-hour until all Vote Center ballots have been reported.|
The post-election day results releases will be at 4:30 p.m. on the following dates:
|Thursday, September 16||Monday, September 20|
|Wednesday, September 22||Friday, September 24|
|Tuesday, September 28||Thursday, September 30|
|Monday, October 4||Wednesday, October 6|
|Friday, October 8|
Results will be certified October 14.
Election results may take up to 30 days to finalize. Click here to find out why.
Semi-Official Results – September 20, 2021 Report
Estimated number of ballots left to process as of September 20, 2021: 32,000
- Vote by Mail ballots received in the mail on or before Saturday, September 11
- Vote by Mail ballots returned at Vote Centers and Drop Boxes on or before Saturday, September 11
- A portion of Vote by Mail ballots received in the mail after Saturday, September 11
- A portion of Vote by Mail ballots dropped off at Vote Centers or Drop Boxes after Saturday, September 11
- All Vote Center ballots
Results do not include:
- Conditional voter registration or provisional ballots
Results Portal – This page offers a variety of ways to view and tailor election results with the following exciting features:
- Click Results tab to view all results – results are available in list, slideshow (auto-scroll), or detail table format.
- On Results tab, click on Detail Table icon to see the breakdown of votes cast at Vote Centers and by mail.
- On Results tab, click Filter Results button to select certain contests to follow. Note: If you close browser, the filter selection is not retained.
- On Results tab, print the results by clicking the Print icon.
- Click Voter Turnout tab to see turnout for each precinct. Zoom in on a precinct and a hover over displays the turnout.
- Click Reports tab to download contest or precinct reports in CSV or PDF. Note: Reports are not available on mobile devices at this time.
- Set auto-refresh in the header for results to refresh when updated.
Statement of the Vote – The Statement of the Vote is published at the time of the certification of the election, within 30 days of Election Day. It is a listing of all election contests with totals, by precinct, by cities, by districts, including write-in votes, if any.
The number of registered voters in San Mateo County is 440,817 as of September 5, 2021. Voter registration numbers may not reflect all voters who can cast a ballot in a precinct due to conditional voter registration. Conditional voter registration allows voters to register and cast a provisional ballot after the close of registration deadline.