Election Materials Courier
To ensure the secure and efficient return of election materials to the Registration & Elections Division after the close of Vote Centers.
|Drivers:||$50.00 and Mileage Reimbursement at a rate of $0.575 per mile*|
|Note:||County employees will receive payment through payroll check|
*Mileage is only reimbursed for travel from Vote Centers to Elections Office.
- It is REQUIRED that each team call the Registration & Elections Division on Election Day between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM to confirm their attendance that night.
- Each team is to report to their first assigned location at 8:00 p.m. or sooner.
- Each team is to offer assistance to the Voter Center Representatives.
- Each team is to pick up election materials from their assigned locations.
- Each team must update the Registration & Elections Division
on the following:
(1) departure from a location.
(2) if any problems arise.
- Once all assigned materials are collected and reported to the Registration & Elections Division, each team is to deliver everything to:
- Duration of assignments are estimated to be 2.5 hours; however, couriers are required to wait for all election materials to be prepared prior to leaving the Vote Center.
- Drivers are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have a good driving record;
- have a vehicle that locks (no open trucks);
- have the ability to carry at least four (4) 18” ballot boxes; and
- be able to work until midnight or later on Election
Day. Each team will pick up at least two sets of election
materials. The actual box dimensions are:
- Four Blue Ballot Boxes (minimum): 18” Wide x 18” High x 10” Deep
- Couriers are expected to have the ability to:
- Lift up to 35 lbs
- Assist busy Vote Centers with voting operations
- Patiently wait for Vote Center Representatives to prepare materials
- Behave in a professional manner
- Provide excellent customer service
Please complete the application form below.
For questions, please contact Tristan Reid at email@example.com or 650.312.5202.