Voting Period Begins Monday, October 4 for November 2, 2021 Special Election
October 1 Mailing to Include Official Ballot and Voter Information Pamphlet
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Asst. Chief Elections Officer & Asst. Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) On October 1, the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division will mail ballots for the November 2, 2021 Special Election to registered voters in the Menlo Park City School District and the Town of Woodside. This mailing will also contain the Voter Information Pamphlet for the special election, which will only include one measure for each jurisdiction.
The Registration & Elections Division at 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA, will serve as a Vote Center for early voting, opening Monday, October 4.
Hours of operation for voting beginning on October 4 are as follows:
- Weekdays, October 4 through November 1, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23 to Sunday, October 24, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 30 to Sunday, October 31, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2, Election Day, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Two additional Vote Centers will be available to all voters on Election Day, November 2, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
Arrillaga Family Recreation Center
700 Alma Road
Woodside Village Church
3154 Woodside Road
Vote by Mail Ballots Mailed
Beginning October 1, 2021, Vote by Mail ballots will be mailed to every registered voter participating in this special election. Voters can confirm their current registration status online at www.smcvote.org by clicking on the “My Election Info” button.
Voters are encouraged to check the status of their ballot online:
- “Where’s My Ballot?” from when it is sent to you until it is received and counted. Sign up at WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov. Alerts for ballots returned to Official Drop Boxes may not go out on the same day as deposited.
- Go to “My Election Info” on www.smcvote.org to confirm when the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division received and accepted your voted ballot.
To be counted, mailed ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day, November 2, 2021, and received no later than Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
Voters interested in having replacement Vote by Mail ballots should make the request by October 26, 2021, to ensure the ballots arrive on or before Election Day.
Voters may also view their Voter Information Pamphlet online in either PDF or accessible format by visiting www.smcvote.org and clicking “My Election Info.” Voters with visual impairments may access a screen-readable version of the pamphlet by visiting www.smcvote.org and clicking “My Election Info.”
The most comprehensive resource for San Mateo County election information is www.smcvote.org, which is updated frequently as Election Day approaches. For more information on voting services available for the Special Election, please call or text 650.312.5222, visit www.smcvote.org or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @smcvote.