Six Additional Vote Centers to Open Saturday, February 22, for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) A total of nine Vote Centers will be open starting Saturday, February 22 for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election. The Vote Centers that opened on February 3 in Redwood City, San Mateo and South San Francisco will be joined by Vote Centers opening in Daly City, East Palo Alto, Half Moon Bay, and San Bruno, as well as additional locations in Redwood City and San Mateo.
Vote Centers currently open for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election are located at:
- Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, 555 County Center, 1st Floor, Redwood City
- Registration & Elections, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo
- South San Francisco Main Library, 840 W. Orange Avenue, South San Francisco
Additional Vote Centers opening on February 22 are located at:
- City Hall, 333 90th Street, Daly City
- Lewis and Joan Platt East Palo Alto Family YMCA, 550 Bell Street, East Palo Alto
- Half Moon Bay Emergency Operations Center, 537 Kelly Avenue, Half Moon Bay
- Fair Oaks Community Center, 2600 Middlefield Road, Redwood City
- San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno
- Mid-Peninsula Boys & Girls Club, Teen Center, 200 N. Quebec Street, San Mateo
Hours of operation for these Vote Centers are as follows:
- Saturday, February 22, 2020 through Monday, March 2, 2020
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Daily)
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020 (Election Day)
7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thirty-three additional Vote Centers will open on February 29, bringing the total to forty-two Vote Centers available through Election Day.
Voters are encouraged to check My Election Info on www.smcvote.org to track when the Registration & Elections Division received their voted ballot. Voters can also confirm if their ballot was accepted.
The Registration & Elections Division offers a toll-free hotline, 888.SMC.VOTE (888.762.8683), to assist in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Tagalog.
All-Mailed Ballot – Vote Center Election Model for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election
The March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election will be the fourth election San Mateo County conducts under the California Voter’s Choice Act (VCA) model. It is the first Presidential Primary Election to be held under the VCA.
Traditional polling places have been replaced by Vote Centers, which will be open for voting for an extended period, and which will offer expanded voter services, including voter registration, multilingual assistance, and disabled access voting options. Every registered voter will also receive a Vote by Mail ballot, which voters can return with no postage required in any mailbox or into secure county ballot drop boxes located throughout the county.