November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election Results Available Online as Ballots are Counted on Election Night
New Interactive Results Portal Provides User-Friendly Formats
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) San Mateo County will begin posting election results for the November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election on the Registration & Elections Division website www.smcvote.org, at “Get Election Results” starting at 8:05 p.m. on Election Night.
The election results release schedule for Election Night is as follows:
- 8:05 p.m. – Vote by Mail Ballots (Partial results)
- 9:00 p.m. and each half-hour until complete – Vote Center Ballots
The post-election results release schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, November 7 at 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 12 at 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 15 at 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 19 at 4:30 p.m. (if necessary)
San Mateo County’s reporting of Election Results has changed.
- The CSV file of the Election Results, which provides vote totals for each contest and candidate for each precinct, will be in a different format than in previous elections. Please review the Zero report version of this file on our website www.smcvote.org at Get Election Results.
- The PDF file of the summary of Election Results, which includes a breakdown of results by Vote by Mail ballots and ballots cast at Vote Centers, will be in a different format than in previous elections. “Times cast” on this report indicates the number of ballots cast. Please review the Zero report version of this file on our websitewww.smcvote.org at Get Election Results
- The new Results Portal is an interactive reporting system that includes:
- Results reporting – user can filter by contest
- Voter Turnout – mapped by precinct
- Reports – in CSV and PDF formats
- Vote totals for each contest
- Vote totals for each precinct for each contest for each candidate
The Registration & Elections Division will send e-mail alerts to interested members of the public as new results are posted online. Requests can be made online on www.smcacre.org at “Sign Up to Receive Election Night Result Notices by Email” under “November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election” or call/text 650.312.5222.
All-Mailed Ballot – Vote Center Election Model for November 5, 2019
The November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election will be the third election San Mateo County conducts under the California Voter’s Choice Act model. Traditional polling places have been replaced by Vote Centers, which will be open for voting for a greater period, and which will offer expanded voter services including voter registration, multilingual assistance, and disabled access voting options. Every registered voter, in a jurisdiction holding an election, will receive a Vote by Mail Ballot, which can be returned with no postage required in any mailbox or ballot drop box located throughout the county.
For more information on the November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election, please call 650.312.5222, visit www.smcacre.org or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @smcvote.