Deadline to Request a Replacement Vote by Mail Ballot is June 16, 2020
Deadline Ensures Enough Time for Postal Delivery
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) June 16, 2020, is the final day that registered voters may request a replacement Vote by Mail ballot to be delivered by mail for the June 23, 2020 County Service Area No. 1 Special Mail Ballot Election. The deadline ensures that there is enough time for postal delivery. After June 16, all requests for a replacement Vote by Mail ballot must be made in person at the Registration & Elections Division at 40 Tower Road, San Mateo.
As a Voter’s Choice Act (VCA) County, all registered voters participating in this special election were sent a ballot by mail starting May 26, 2020.
To Request a Replacement Vote by Mail Ballot Before June 16
Registered voters may still request a Vote by Mail ballot by using any one of three request options:
- Submit your request online through the request form that can be accessed by clicking the “My Election Info” button at www.smcvote.org.
- Request a one-time Vote by Mail ballot over the phone by calling the Registration & Elections Division at 650.312.5222.
- Prepare a written request stating your full name, residence address, mailing address (if different from your residence address), date of birth, and the name and date of the election for which the Vote by Mail ballot is requested (June 23, 2020 Special Mail Ballot Election). Fax or email the request to the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402. Fax to 650.312.5348 or email email@example.com.
To Request a Vote by Mail Ballot After June 16
All requests for a Vote by Mail ballot after June 16, 2020 must be made in person at the Registration & Elections Division a 40 Tower Road, San Mateo.
Returning Your Voted Ballot (Deadline)
- You may mail in your voted ballot;
- To be counted, voted mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day, Tuesday, June 23, 2020 and received no later than Friday, June 26, 2020.
- Deliver it in person to the Registration & Elections Division; or
- Must be dropped off on or before Election Day
- Drop off your voted ballot in an outdoor, 24-hour Drop Box available at the Registration & Elections Division.
- May be dropped off before Election Day;
- Must be dropped off no later than 8 pm on Election Day.