Candidate Filing Period Opens on November 11 for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election
Elections Division Open on Veteran’s Day for First Day of Candidate Filing
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) Mark Church, San Mateo County Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, announced the opening of the candidate filing period for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election.
For candidates seeking elected office, the filing period opens at 8 a.m. on November 11 and closes at 5 p.m. on December 6. For offices without an eligible incumbent seeking re-election, the candidate filing period is open for an additional five (5) calendar days and closes at 5 p.m. on December 11.
Persons interested in serving their communities in an elected office should call San Mateo County Candidate Services Supervisor, Michael Lui, at 650.312.5238, to make an appointment to review the steps, forms and requirements for a successful filing.
The offices that will be up for election on the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election ballot include:
Federal and State Offices:
- President/Vice President: 4-year term
- U.S. Representative in Congress, Districts 14 and 18: 2-year terms
- State Senate, Districts 11 and 13: 4-year terms
- State Assembly, Districts 19, 22 and 24: 2-year terms
Non-Partisan County Offices:
- Superior Court Judge: 10 seats available; 6-year term
- Board of Supervisors: 1st, 4th and 5th Districts: 4-year terms
- East Palo Alto Sanitary District: Three 4-year terms
Partisan County Central Committees: All 4-year terms
- Peace & Freedom