How to Vote
Voting is the fundamental right of every US citizen. The San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division strives to uphold and preserve this right through voter registration, voter education and accessible voting options.
Here you will find information on where, when and how you can vote.
As a voter, we thank you for partnering with us in this core element of democracy.
- Members of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty
- Spouses or dependents of a member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine on active duty
- Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- U.S. citizens living abroad with an intent to return
- U.S. citizens living abroad with no intent to return
may register and apply for a ballot by completing a Federal Post Card Application form (FPCA).
The Registration & Elections Division has a long-standing commitment to working with voters with disabilities to help them exercise their right to vote. This page provides general information about these efforts, and voters are encouraged to contact us with specific requests for assistance using the contact information below.