Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
(Redwood City, CA) Mark Church, San Mateo County Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, announced the opening of the candidate filing period for the November 7, 2017 Consolidated Municipal, School & Special District Election.
For candidates seeking elected office, the filing period opens at 8 a.m. on July 17 and closes at 5 p.m. on August 11. For offices without an eligible incumbent seeking re-election, the candidate filing period is open for an additional five (5) calendar days and closes at 5 p.m. on August 16.
“The quality of life in our communities is determined by the character and integrity of our elected officials and governing bodies,” said Church. “The success of our democracy depends on engaged citizens coming forth to serve their communities in an elected public office.”
Persons interested in serving their communities in an elected office should call San Mateo County Candidate Filing Officer, Michelle Yue, at 650.312.5293, to make an appointment to review the steps, forms and requirements to run for office.
The offices that will be up for election on the November 7, 2017 Consolidated Municipal, School & Special District Election ballot include:
Municipal Council Members and Officers
- City of Brisbane, City Council: three 3-year terms
- City of Burlingame, City Council: three 5-year terms
- City of San Bruno, City Council: two 3-year terms; Mayor: 3-year terms
- City of San Mateo, City Council: three 4-year terms
- Burlingame School District: three 3-year terms
- Portola Valley Elementary School District: three 3-year terms
- San Carlos Elementary School District: three 5-year terms
- San Mateo-Foster City School District: three 3-year terms
- East Palo Alto Sanitary District: two 4-year terms
- Highlands Recreation District: two 3-year terms; one 2-year term
- Woodside Fire Protection District: one 4-year term; one 2-year term
The press release is displayed in its original format. San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections website now resides at www.smcacre.org