To ensure the secure and efficient return of election materials to the Registration & Elections Division after the close of Vote Centers.
Drivers: $100.00 and Mileage Reimbursement at a rate of $0.625 per mile*
Teams working additional assignments will receive $50 per return.
County employees will receive payment through payroll check.
*Mileage is only reimbursed for travel from voting location to Receiving Station, NOT from or to home/work locations.
- Face coverings and sanitizing supplies, if needed, will be provided at Vote Centers.
- Each team calls the Registration & Elections Division on Election Day within an assigned time slot to confirm their attendance that night.
- Each team reports to their first assigned location at 7:45 p.m. or sooner.
- Each team offers assistance, if needed, to the Vote Center Representatives.
- Each team picks up election materials from their voting location.
- Each team provides the Registration & Elections Division an update on the following: (1) departure from a voting location; (2) items on provided checklist; (3) if any problems arise.
- Once all assigned materials are collected and reported to the Registration & Elections Division, each team delivers everything to an assigned Receiving Station.
- Duration of assignments are estimated to be 3.5 hours; however, couriers are required to wait for all election materials to be prepared prior to leaving a Vote Center.
Couriers are expected to have the ability to:
- Complete an application form and W4
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Assist busy Vote Centers with voting operations, if needed
- Wait for Vote Center Representatives to prepare materials
- Behave in a professional manner and provide excellent customer service
- Ensure the secure and efficient return of election materials to their Receiving Station
- Drivers are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a CA Driver’s License and good driving record
- have a vehicle that locks (no open trucks)
Please complete the application form below.
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.312.5222.