Election Vote Center Representative
Election Vote Center Representative (Extra-Help, Seasonal)
November 5, 2019 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special Election
- To assist Vote Center operations including issuing ballots, line-management, registering people to vote, opening and closing of voting locations, and setup and tear-down of supplies and equipment.
- Hourly wage starts at $19.12.
We are currently seeking dedicated and hard-working individuals for the temporary, full-time position of Election Vote Center Representative to be hired for the following duties:
- Use a computer to verify voter eligibility
- Provide information about the upcoming election
- Guide voters on use of electronic ballot marking devices
- Operate/troubleshoot voting equipment
- Provide in-person customer service including assisting voters to register to vote and assisting voters in casting a ballot
- Issue ballots
- Maintain accurate files and records
Vote Center hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily during the period of operation, including weekends and holidays, and 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 5, 2019. These positions may require evening work assignments.
The position requires basic addition and subtraction. Vote Center representatives must be proficient in the operation of a computer and computer software and applications.
Applicants with experience as Poll Workers or Vote Center Representatives are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eleven-day Vote Centers will open on October 25, 2019, and four-day Vote Centers will open on November 1, 2019. Once opened, Vote Centers will remain operational through November 5, 2019.
Critical skills for all Vote Center positions include the ability to prioritize work, coordinate several activities, organize and maintain accurate files and records, and understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- For more information and to apply, please visit the San Mateo County government jobs website here.