Issuance of Marriage Licenses and Marriage Ceremonies pursuant to AB No. 583
The San Mateo County Clerk Division is offering online marriage licenses in conjunction with a virtual marriage ceremony based on “as needed” basis or emergency only.
Below are the requirements to complete marriage licenses and marriage ceremony via video conference:
- Please provide different email address(es) for each applicant.
- Provide a copy of each applicant’s valid government issued ID and proof of dissolution of marriage, if any (required only if dissolution date is within the last 90 days).
- Both adult applicants must be physically located within the State of California.
- Access to high-speed internet and capability to run the Microsoft Teams meeting application – the video conference includes both live video and live audio.
- To request and appointment, please email CountyClerk@smcacre.org with your name, phone numbers and emails. Let us know if you would like just a marriage license or a license with a ceremony in the email. We will contact you with appointment date and time. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis through the expiration date of Executive Order N-58-20.
- Completed marriage license application. Click here to complete the application for a marriage license.
The marriage license and marriage ceremony will be administered by the San Mateo County Clerk Division.