Deadline is Tuesday to Request Vote by Mail Ballots through the Mail for voters in the Brisbane School District Special Election
Deadline ensures enough time for postal delivery
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: David Tom, Elections Manager
Redwood City, CA Voters who wish to Vote by Mail in the March 8 Brisbane School District Special Election must ensure that their mail, fax or online request is received by the Elections Office no later than Tuesday, March 1. A postmark is not acceptable; this deadline is imposed by the election code and allows sufficient time for postal delivery of ballots to voters in time for Election Day.
After March 1, all requests will have to be made in person at the Elections Office at 40 Tower Road in San Mateo from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday until Election Day.
“If a voter would like to Vote by Mail, I want to make sure they have every opportunity to do so,” said San Mateo County Chief Elections Officer Mark Church.
Requests to Vote by Mail can be made for the March 8 Brisbane School District Special Election only, or to Vote by Mail permanently for this and all subsequent elections.
Voters can apply for a Vote by Mail ballot by March 1 by:
- Using the online form at www.shapethefuture.org - go to the Check My Registration/Election Information tab
- Fax the form on the back cover of their Sample Ballot & Official Voter Information Pamphlet
- Fax a written request with their full name, residence address, mailing address (if different from the residence address), date of birth, name and date of the election the Vote by Mail ballot is for, and signature
- Download, print, and fax a completed PDF form found online at www.shapethefuture.org/votingoptions/votebymail.asp
- Email a digital image of a signed form (Sample Ballot, written, or downloaded form) to email@example.com
Vote by Mail ballots must be received by the Elections Office by 8 p.m. on Election Day. A postmarked ballot that arrives after the polls close cannot be counted. If time is running short, ballots can be dropped off on Election Day at the Elections Office or at the Daly City or Brisbane city halls or open polling places in the school district.
Voters who have questions may call the Elections Office at (650) 312-5222, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Web site at www.shapethefuture.org.
The press release is displayed in its original format. San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections website now resides at www.smcacre.org