Deadline to Request Vote by Mail Ballots through the Mail is Tuesday, October 28
Deadline ensures enough time for postal delivery
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Alternate: David Tom, Elections Division Manager
(Redwood City, CA) Voters who wish to receive their Vote by Mail ballot through the mail for the November 4, 2014 Statewide General Election must ensure that the request is received by the Registration & Elections Division no later than Tuesday, October 28. This legal deadline is to allow for sufficient time for postal delivery to and from the voter.
After October 28, all requests must be made in person at either the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo or at the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder Office, 555 County Center, First Floor, Redwood City. The hours for the two locations are as follows:
Monday, October 6 to Monday, November 3 (Weekdays): 8:00 a.m. to
Saturday, October 25: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 1: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 4 (Election Day): 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
“The ease and convenience of voting by mail has made it a popular option among County voters. Nearly 56% of San Mateo County’s registered voters vote by mail,” stated Mark Church, San Mateo County’s Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder.
A registered voter may request to Vote by Mail for this election alone or sign up for permanent Vote by Mail status.
To make a request to Vote by Mail, registered voters may:
- Complete the application form on the back cover of the voter’s Sample Ballot & Official Voter Information Pamphlet and mail it to the address indicated, fax it to 650.312.5348, or email it to email@example.com.
- Submit the request online by using the request form tool accessed via the “Check my Registration/Access My Election Materials/View My Sample Ballot Pamphlet” link at www.shapethefuture.org.
- Prepare a written request, signed by the voter, that states the voter’s full name, residence address, mailing address (if different from the residence address), date of birth, and name and date of the election for which the Vote by Mail ballot is requested. The request should be mailed to the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division at 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402, faxed to 650.312.5348 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A one-time Vote by Mail ballot may be requested over the phone by calling the Registration & Elections Division at 650.312.5222.
Vote by Mail ballots must be received no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. You may return your voted ballot by mail to 40 Tower Rd, San Mateo or in person at any of the following locations:
- Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo
- Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder Office, 555 County Center, Redwood City
- Any open polling place in San Mateo County
- Any City Hall in San Mateo County during business hours
Voters who have questions are encouraged to contact the Registration & Elections Division at 650.312.5222 or by email email@example.com.
The press release is displayed in its original format. San Mateo County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder & Elections website now resides at www.smcacre.org