Online Marriage Licenses & Virtual Marriage Ceremonies
Issuance of Online Marriage Licenses and Virtual Marriage Ceremonies pursuant to Executive Order N-58-20
The San Mateo County Clerk Division is now offering online marriage licenses in conjunction with a virtual marriage ceremony.
Below are the requirements to complete an online marriage license and a virtual marriage ceremony:
- Different email address(es) for each applicant.
- Copy of each applicant’s valid government issued ID and proof of dissolution of marriage, if any (required only if dissolution date is within the last 90 days).
- Both adult applicants must be physically located within the State of California.
- Access to high-speed internet and capability to run the Microsoft Teams meeting application – the video conference includes both live video and live audio.
- Completed marriage license application. Click here to complete the application for a marriage license.
The marriage license and marriage ceremony will be administered by the San Mateo County Clerk Division.
Please email CountyClerk@smcacre.org with your name and phone number to schedule an appointment.